Quick AssessmentTactics Before Strategy Creates Challenges
Do any of these sound familiar to you?
- You might be selling to anyone and everyone.
- You feel like your business is a commodity.
- You're not sure what tactics make sense right now.
- You seem to be attracting the wrong types of clients.
- You are struggling to stand out from your competitors.
The answers to these problems aren't found in SEO, Social Media, or Web Content – these are strategic problems and they can only be addressed with strategic solutions.
The 8 Steps in a Strategy First Engagement
1) Initial Getting Started Discovery Meeting
During this kick-off meeting, we'll:
- Review the Discovery Form
- Explain Customer Interviews and Next Steps
- Discuss Project Management and Expectations
- Set-up Our Midpoint Meeting
2) Core Message and Ideal Client Persona Development
We’ll interview 5 ideal clients to discover your most effective competitive advantage. You will receive access to interview summaries, ideal client profiles, and our recommendation for a core marketing message that will allow you to stand out from the competition.
3) Midpoint Meeting
In this meeting, we'll:
- Review Research
- Discuss Your Total Online Presence Audit (TOPA)
- Evaluate Competitive Research
- Share Learnings / Recommendations From Client Interviews
4) Editorial Plan
Based on our keyword research we’ll build a content strategy using our “hub” pages approach that will allow you to map out 6-12 months of content as part of your ongoing marketing efforts.
5) Customer Journey Map
Using our proprietary Marketing Hourglass technology, we’ll help you create a roadmap of suggested marketing tactics for each of the phases of the customer buying journey: Know, like, trust, try, buy, repeat, and refer.
6) Competitive Landscape
We’ll study your biggest competitors and create high-level summaries and a report on their marketing strengths and weaknesses.
7) Priority Growth Recommendations
From our research and an audit of your existing marketing and online presence we’ll recommend the highest-impact activities you need to consider fixing or implementing today.
8) Presentation of Findings
Once we complete our work we’ll schedule a time to meet with you and your team via video chat to deliver the items above and map out what we believe is the best strategic approach for you to take with your marketing.
In this wrap-up meeting, we'll:
- Review Updated Personas and Core Message
- Present Your Customer Journey, Strategic Overview, Content / Execution Calendar
- Talk Through Growth Priorities
- Schedule a Review Meeting
From this point, you’ll have several options for how you put our recommendations into action.
We can teach you or your staff to do it or we can do it for you.
Strategy First Deliverables
Total Online Presence Audit
The engagement begins with an audit of your current online presence, including a look at your website, SEO, search engine ranking, keywords, content, social media, and online reputation.
Engagement TimelineSo how long does a Strategy First Engagement take?
Usually about 30-45 days.
As part of the process we will meet with you and your team three times.
When you receive our strategy findings, you'll have a clear direction for standing out and attracting your ideal client and be equipped with a roadmap of the most effective tactics to support your marketing strategy.
Have a Question?